This Month’s Focus: Hype Yourself Up!
Many of us have started working on resolutions and adopting healthy habits for overall wellness this year. The most
crucial step in realizing your goals is to believe in yourself. So, this month, we want you to hype yourself up!
By the Numbers
7 positive self-affirmations we should all say to ourselves in front of the mirror:
- I know my worth.
- I am capable of making healthy choices.
- I am good and getting better.
- I am responsible for myself, and I start there.
- I am still learning, so it is okay to make mistakes.
- I look forward to tomorrow and the opportunities that await me.
- I practice gratitude for all that I have and all that is yet to come.
Meeting Your Goals!
According to Forbes, when it comes to motivating ourselves or others to achieve goals, best imagery wins. People who vividly describe or picture their
goals are anywhere from 1.2 to 1.4 times more likely to successfully accomplish their goals.
Here are some tips on hyping yourself up for the next big thing:
- Play your favorite playlist! Yes, music is a great way to hype yourself up. Your favorite tunes will help release dopamine (the feel-good hormone).
- A bit of competition goes a long way. Put up target numbers or look at rankings or your competitor’s goal as motivation.
Do not, and I repeat, do not assume worst-case scenarios. Being pessimistic makes you think negatively, which in turn, affects your energy
- Think best-case! If you would like to read more, check out this article by Science of People:
How to Psych Yourself Up Before Your Next Big Thing.
Reads & Soundbites
Read: The Mountain Is You by Brianna Wiest
Read: You Owe You by Eric Thomas, PhD