Loss Control and Risk Engineering
BKS Risk Mitigation Services platform assists clients with preventing and managing their exposures to loss. Our team of professionals work with clients in a number of areas and disciplines to improve and maintain their safety and risk management programs.
- Risk Management, Safety & Loss Control – Leading and managing a highly successful organization in today’s business environment is a complex and difficult undertaking that requires each component of the business to run smoothly and efficiently. Organizational Risk Management and Safety are two of the components that, if not managed effectively, can prove to be a major driver of profit and customer satisfaction erosion and can often lead to declining employee morale. At Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners, (BKS), our goal is to help you build a Risk Management culture and program that is custom designed for your unique organization. Realizing that Risk Management is not your primary business, we tailor our approach to your unique culture and capabilities and design programs and processes that are simple enough to execute, but effective enough to achieve world class results.
- Baseline Risk Assessment – BKS often begins an engagement with new clients by conducting an assessment of the current exposures and systems in place to mitigate those risks.
- Risk Management Action Plan (RMAP) – The baseline risk assessment will culminate in the development of an RMAP to identify specific agreed-upon action items, establish completion dates and identify accountable parties.
- Risk Management Analytics/Metrics – BKS works with clients to develop risk management metrics for regular performance review and feedback. We work with clients to develop both upstream and outcome metrics that accurately pinpoint both centers of excellence and areas for improvement in the risk management platform.
- Claims Management – Our claim services programs are designed to offer you superior claims management by providing you with a “claims advocate” that has extensive experience working with carrier claims programs. Our “claims advocate” approach not only represents you and your interests to the carrier but also ensures that every effort is being made to take care of your customer or employee without losing sight of your organizations need to aggressively manage and mitigate the costs associated with claims.
Our experienced consultants combined with our holistic approach, state-of-the-art-technology and best-in-class risk management solutions provide clients with tools and guidance to successfully manage total cost of risk. BKS provides a wide range of services in the following areas:
Property Protection Plus –Many companies have numerous risk exposures that can cause property losses, which can be catastrophic. Common perils include fire, flood and windstorm. Each is capable of severely impacting or devastating a company’s operations and revenue. To address property exposures, we created the Property Protection Plus program. Property Protection Plus services include:
- Statistical modeling that helps you understand your relative risk due to a variety of hazards, potential loss scenarios and the ability to select the most efficient risk financing structure.
- Site analysis by a specially trained and experienced highly protected risk (HPR) professional engineer, who will compare your exposure to the most current property insurance industry standards and make recommendations to improve your risk profile.
- Casualty Program Risk Control Services – Most companies have significant third party risk exposures to the general public as well as risk exposures to their own employees, and BKS assists companies in targeting their unique risk exposures. We also assist with the design and delivery of risk control solutions to mitigate losses from casualty risks such as fire, theft, general liability claims, medical professional claims, workplace injuries and motor vehicle accidents.
- Workers’ Compensation Risk Control Services – BKS takes great pride in our understanding of workers’ compensation issues. We assist companies with the evaluation of the accuracy of their current experience modification rate, accident prevention programs, safety leadership and accountability programs, OSHA compliance and professional oversight of any claims that may be incurred.
BKS loss control, claims management and risk engineering experts also specialize in providing services in the following areas:
- Detailed loss analysis
- On-site assessments to identify key risk exposures
- Regulatory compliance audits
- Safety management audits
- Safety culture and leadership assessments
- Industry benchmarking
- Strategic action plan development
Safety Program Highlights
- Workplace Safety Programs
- Vehicle and Fleet Safety Programs
- Fire safety and emergency action plans
- Workplace Violence assessments
- Robbery prevention, employee theft and cash handling procedures
- Ergonomic and Manual Material Handling evaluations
- Safety audit and inspection programs
- Sharps evaluation and control plans
- Slip, trip and fall injury prevention programs
- Respiratory and Hearing Conservation
- Return to Work programs
Safety Management Highlights
- Culture and Behavior-based safety
- High impact risk control programs
- General safety management
- Safety management accountability
- Safety leadership and recognition
- Loss analysis and data management
- Safety intranets
- Pre and post claim management
Employee Training Highlights
- New hire orientation and safety training programs
- Claim Reporting and Investigation
- Manual material handling and transfer
- Slip, trip and fall prevention
- Chemical Safety/HazCom
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety for traveling professionals
- Defensive Driving
- Blood borne pathogens