This Month’s Focus: Start of the Holiday Season
The start of the holiday season is the gateway to heightened stress and depression and adoption of unhealthy habits. With back to back holidays, it can be quite stressful.
Did you know?
- Women are more likely to get the “holiday blues” versus men
- With the change of seasons, seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a category of depression that starts around the start of fall and lasts through winter when there is less natural sunlight.
Reads & Soundbites
- Holiday music playlists
Alleviate the Holiday Stress
- Exercising routinely throughout the holidays will help release endorphins
- Lemon and orange fragrances can boost your mood
- Set up a holiday budget for your gifts and travel
- Stop worrying about the gifts and focus more on the moments and time with loved ones