Recreational Marine Relationship Manager
As part of our recreational marine team, the Relationship Manager serves as the primary contact for clients and provides world-class client service, technical expertise and proactive risk management.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. You are a detailed and analytical self-starter with a passion for great service. You have a keen attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills and a high level of proficiency with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, etc.). You are great at multi-tasking, work efficiently, stay very organized and thrive in fast-paced environments. You maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, colleagues and insurance company partners.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done in the past year:
- Provide proactive day-to-day client service by anticipating and evaluating client needs and responding to client questions and issues in person, via email or by telephone
- Review client exposures, loss experience along with current coverages, and advise on complex risk exposures
- Create and present recreational marine and private risk management proposals to existing clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with insurance company partners
- Market to multiple insurers and propose coverage options to new prospects
- Provides 3+ years of experience in personal insurance and recreational marine services, including insurance company contracts and guidelines, proprietary insurer systems, and claim knowledge
- Strong experience working with high net worth clients is a plus
- College degree preferred and professional designations a plus, e.g. CPCU, CIC, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Florida 2-20 License, as required by the State Department of Insurance to provide risk management consulting or risk transfer solutions as necessary in states where the firm functions, or be willing and able to obtain all required licenses within their first 90 days
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to challenges and opportunities
- Travel as required
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most important skills for this position?
Postive attitude! Strong relationship building, negotiating and influence skills. Also, the ability to be creative and adaptable in a fast paced environment.
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.