Private Risk Analyst
Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners is looking for a Private Risk Analyst who will provide prompt, efficient, and high-quality service with behind the scene objectives to client-facing colleagues.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. You are a detailed and analytical self-starter. You have a keen attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills and at least a moderate level of proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to learn appropriate insurance company and firm software programs. You are great at multi-tasking, work efficiently, stay very organized and thrive in fast-paced environments.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done last month:
- Communicated with clients regarding their policy(ies), documented the detailed records of the communication in the client management program, and have provided resolution to the clients concern
- Documented and processed endorsements
- Followed up with the necessary contacts on items needed in order for policies to be issued
- Prepared documents for presenting risks to market
- Maintained a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, the Firm, and Insurance Company Partners to minimize potential for errors and ommissions claims
- Recorded surplus lines taxes and payables
- Completed special projects as assigned
- Looked for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment and processes
- Brought issues and discrepancies to appropriate leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to learn appropriate insurance company and firm software programs, including but not limited to Sagitta, ImageRight, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates firm’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
- Takes initiative to contribute as a proactive and determined professional
- Current Florida 4-40 License, as required by the State Department of Insurance to provide client services as necessary in states where the firm functions, or be willing and able to obtain all required licenses within the first 90 days
- Ablility to type a minimum of 55 words per minute
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the most important skill for this position? Attitude! Of course, things like Powerpoint, Publisher, Word and Excel are good to know, but with a positive, can-do attitude, anything is possible.
- Do I have to know anything about the insurance industry? No, you’ll go from insurance newbie to insurance geek in no time – we promise!
- What are the hours? We give colleagues six options of working schedules, and they are able to choose a schedule that works best for them. You tell us what works best for you, and we will do our best to accommodate!
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.