Managing Director, Private Risk Management
Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners is looking for a Managing Director for our Private Risk Management (PRM) business segment. The Managing Director will lead and manage the segment to ensure client satisfaction and firm profitability. Additional responsibilities include planning, organizing, staffing, and the operational and business development activities of the business segment.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person who demonstrates a high level of technical insurance knowledge, is organized, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have a passion for team leadership that aligns to corporate vision. You have an appetite for driving innovation to achieve high levels of client satisfaction. You are great at multi-tasking and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done in the past year:
- Create, establish and manage business segment strategies and plan to ensure that overall business goals, profitability, and goals are met in an environment conducive to sales
- Effectively recruit, coach, mentor, manage and assist in the professional development of PRM team leads and colleagues
- Manage to the targeted financial performance metrics of the business segment
- Maintain positive relationships with appropriate insurance company partner representatives through proper contacts and effective communication. Work with other marketing colleagues on specific business plans with select markets in order to maximize the client experience
- Ensure high levels of client service and satisfaction by improving ongoing service delivery, business development and commercial marketing methods. Work with client relationship management team to resolve client issues
- Align with Baldwin Risk Partners (BRP) leadership to develop a strategic plan to advance PRM’s mission and objectives. Promote revenue, profitability, community support and growth as an organization
- Review key performance indicators, activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives. Revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Execute on agreed revenue, profitability, and growth strategies
- Represent the firm at industry groups, insurer meetings, and at formal functions
- Evaluate and refine sales and service strategy, to enhance the client experience and increase sales velocity and client retention
- Possesses the ability to cast vision, develop effective strategies and tactics, and create positive motivation for business segment colleagues
- Provides 10+ years of experience in personal insurance, high net worth a plus. College degree and professional designations preferred; or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven leadership experience with 5+ years’ experience managing staff. Inspires, motivates, and develops direct reports. Encourages transparent dialogue and can manage difficult conversations
- Creates a cohesive team environment that gives colleagues a sense of meaning and communicates the business segment vision
- Displays ability to lead fast-growing teams creating a proven track record to increase sales in an evolving economic environment
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and develop long term strategic partnerships
- Maintains all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance in order to provide consultation and financial risk transfer solutions in states where the firm functions (2-20)
- Demonstrates firm’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment
Frequently Asked Questions
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.