HERE’S WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You are an aggressive and assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others with demonstrated effective verbal and written presentation skills. You maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, colleagues and insurance company partners. You are always looking for the next big thing and you take pride in identifying and soliciting prospective clients from various sources and centers of influence. You just might have a money dance of your own.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done in the last year:
- Sold a new account and renewed existing accounts in keeping with firm and individual goals while building relationships with clients
- Presented a client proposal, reviewing coverages in detail to ensure understanding
- Met your monthly new business goals– yay you!
- Upheld the firm’s behavioral tenets, acting as an example for other colleagues and exuding behavior that is aligned with our corporate culture
- Searched for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment and processes. Brought issues and discrepancies to appropriate leadership
- Developed prospects through an organized firm direct solicitation program, referrals from present accounts and through community affiliations and other contacts.
- All licenses to discuss or place insurance as required by the State Department of Insurance in states where the firm functions.
- Working Knowledge of appropriate software.
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment. Travel as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most important skill for this position? Attitude! Of course, things like Word and Excel are good to know, but with a positive, can-do attitude, anything is possible.
- Do I have to know anything about the insurance industry? We are looking for talented individuals, period. From newbies to industry veterans and everything in between―if you’re the right fit, we’ll fit a place for you.
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.