Commercial Account Manager
HERE’S WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You’re the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. You look for creative solutions for your clients issues and always focus on doing what is right for the client above any competing interest. If necessary, you don’t mind putting in extra time when things are busy, you enjoy working in a team environment and doing what it takes to help the organization and your colleagues succeed. You are task oriented, excel at multi-tasking, work efficiently, stay very organized, and can work on a timeline and stick to it.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done in the past year:
- Finalized a client renewal proposal with year over year coverage and pricing comparisons
- Prepared applications and bid specifications for submitting a client account to the marketplace
- Worked with a Risk Analyst to finalize a renewal updates request to send to your clients
- Worked with the Marketing Team on a New Business risk they are marketing for you
- Answered multiple phone calls from clients, answering questions, and solving problems
- Participated in an internal new client strategy meeting with the Advisor, marketing team, and Director of Risk Management to develop the appropriate strategy to win the account
- Followed-up with several clients for renewal update information
- Followed-up with several underwriters for renewal quotes
- Checked policies and prepped for delivery to your client
- Participated in a client renewal meeting, reviewing the coverage enhancements and pricing changes
- Experience is important! We’re looking for someone who has worked full-time as a Commercial Account Manager for middle market or large accounts for 3-5 years.
- All licenses to discuss or place insurance as required by the State Department of Insurance in states where the firm functions.
- Working Knowledge of appropriate software.
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment. Travel as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What lines of business would I concentrate on? We do not have our account managers specialize in a single line of business at this time, you would handle entire accounts, everything from workers’ compensation to management liability, to property and general liability.
- How many producers would I work with? We do not assign producers to a specific Account Manager, as such, most of our Account Managers work with 3 to 5 producers.
- Is there an incentive bonus for this role? Yes! We bonus colleagues semi-annually and accrue 10% of the firm’s profits for the bonus pool.
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.