Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners is looking for a Claims Consultant who will be considered an expert in managing insurance claims on an individual and portfolio level for our clients. This position will tactically execute risk mitigation plans with a strategic vision that drive favorable client Cost of Risk results.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person who has technical knowledge and experience in insurance claims handling and risk mitigation techniques. You are a detailed and analytical self-starter. You have a excellent ability to develop relationships and effectively communicate with a diverse range of clients, carriers and colleagues. You are great at multi-tasking, work efficiently, stay very organized and thrive in fast-paced environments.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done in the past year:
- Worker Compensation Claim Management
- Casualty & General Liability Claim Management
- Property Claim Management
- Claims Analysis & Loss Trend Reporting
- Worked with Insurance Company Partners and Clients in establishing claims protocols that ensure proper reporting, notification, settlement authorities etc.
- Scheduled and conducted claims reviews with Clients and Insurance Company Partners ensuring proper claims handling, reserve standards and settlement protocols
- Acted as a claims advocate and liason for clients interested in mitigating claims costs
- Regularly reviewed individual claims within client portfolios and kept reserves and records up-to-date and within industry best practices
- Served as a mentor to colleagues, as requested
- Developed an understanding of marketing strategies and contributed to business development and renewal opportunities by attending client meetings to explain BKS’ approach to claims mitigation and resolution
- Remained well-informed of industry trends and best practices with regards to claims management, claims/outcomes, legal and regulatory changes, etc.
- Provided summaries of claims reviews, activities, etc. to appropriate Advisors, Director of Risk Mitigation and other colleagues and clients, as necessary
- Analyze trends, determine courses of actions and present solutions is an important component to this role
- Ability to motivate and influence colleagues and clients; the role of teacher, trainer, and mentor cannot be overemphasized
- Work as part of a team of professionals and build relationships with other firm business segments
- Communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the firm and to a diverse group of clients
- Present solutions, value propositions and risk mitigation strategies to colleagues, clients and prospects
- Utilize industry best practices to develop claims management strategies and services that serve a broad spectrum of clients within multiple industries
- Read and interpret documents such as profit and loss statements, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively to groups of customers or colleagues of an organization
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Capability to deal with problems that involve several variables in standardized situations
- Demonstrate firm’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- AIC/SCLA/CPCU/ARM/LPC certification, professional designations are desired
- Knowledge and understanding of the Spanish language is a plus
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment
Frequently Asked Questions
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.