Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners is looking for a Benefits Director who is responsible for the tactical and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of all assigned large client benefit plans, including making appropriate recommendations based on long term objectives.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. You are a detailed and analytical self-starter. You have a keen attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills and a moderate to advanced level of proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher, along with the ability to learn appropriate insurance company and firm software programs. You are great at multi-tasking, work efficiently, stay very organized and thrive in fast-paced environments.
If you were working at BKS, here are some of the things you would have done last month:
- Sustained current knowledge of government regulations and ensured legal compliance with FMLA, COBRA, ACA, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other applicable laws and regulations, including fulfilling reporting and compliance requirements
- Managed all policy activity and stewardship aspects in assigned book of business
- Analyzed and reported on relevant claims data for larger accounts, spotting trends and comparing client data to industry benchmark
- Promoted a culture of vigilance, accountability, collaboration, strong ethical standards and a high degree of client satisfaction
- Managed large accounts without assistance from leadership and/or an advisor
- Cultivated strong relationships with Insurance Company Partners
- Managed various priorities and adapted to continually changing job responsibilities
- Looked for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment and processes
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to produce clear and effective communication to audiences
- Current Florida 2-15 License, as required by the State Department of Insurance to provide risk management consulting or risk transfer solutions, and as necessary in states where the firm functions
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to learn appropriate insurance company and firm software systems
- Capability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related concentration, is preferred. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), SPHR or PHR is also preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of insurance and/or benefits related experience, including leading an account management team
- Demonstrates firm’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there an incentive bonus for this role? Yes! Colleagues are eligible for bonuses semi-annually.
- What lines of business would I concentrate on? Benefits, Benefits, and more Benefits! What is more exciting than that?
- What size accounts will I handle? Clients in this book of business are middle market to large clients, most are self-funded or experienced rated.
Life is short. Work somewhere AWESOME.
We’ve consciously created a culture where commitment, collaboration and initiative are rewarded. Often, they’re also followed by some well-deserved, lighthearted fun.
Why? Because BKS believes that having a good time is good for business. A sense of humor helps cement our relationships with our clients, our partners and our colleagues. Celebrating our successes is as important as learning from our mistakes.
For all those dedicated individuals, team players and high-performers looking for the right opportunity, we look forward to connecting with you. If you’re ready to commit to vigilance, hard work and a sense of urgency (not to mention, a sense of humor), let’s get together and make things happen.